By James J. Miller, PharmaLeaders Founder & Executive Publisher
Last week proved to be another strong week of industry shows. Philadelphia was the place to be if you wanted more information on industry trends in KOL management, Veeva’s latest offerings and innovation in data. More than 1,500 industry professionals visited the area. Let’s look at each event and what took place.
The 6th KOL Engagement & Advisory Board Summit proved to be a great place to find out what’s happening with KOL engagement. We heard from physicians, industry professionals and innovative vendors. Sponsors included Veeva, Voxx Analytics and Within3. During most of the sessions, the topic of KOL engagement was moving Jerseys to HCP engagement, which makes sense when considering the growing influence of HCPs on the industry. With the use of technology to engage the KOL proving to be more and more effective, digital solutions was another popular theme among the great line-up of speakers. The last day of the event was divided into two tracks: Key Opinion Leaders, and Advisory Boards and Speaker Programs. More than 100 industry professionals attended the summit, which was large enough to get a great perspective but small enough to get input from the attendees. Once again, ExL Events did a great job.
Next stop was Veeva System’s 7th Commercial Summit. This event was developed specifically for the 1,000-plus industry professionals that use the Veeva platform. It was a great opportunity to take a look at Veeva’s past and to outline the company’s future plans and new products, all of which seem right on target to meet the industry’s desire to leverage a platform across the client.
- Veeva Align is a global solution integrated with Veeva CRM for faster, more accurate sales territory alignments.
- Veeva CRM Events Management allows companies to better manage all events in coordination with the field, and provides full visibility into activities, speakers, attendees, and spend.
- Powered by data science in ZS Associates’ Suggestion Engine, Veeva CRM Suggestions recommends the best actions and channels to reps to improve sales effectiveness.
- ZS has joined the Veeva OpenData Partner Program allowing fast, simple integration of Veeva OpenData healthcare provider, healthcare organization, and affiliations data with ZS’ data solutions.
- Veeva CRM Suggestions, coming this fall, leverages the power of data science to deliver a better, more coordinated customer experience by offering recommendations on the best action and right channel for that next customer interaction.
The week ended strong with the Big Data & Analytics for Pharma Summit at Penn’s Landing in Center City Philadelphia. This event, hosted by Innovation Enterprise, capitalized on some great presenters discussing popular, but challenge topics, ranging from marketing and clinical trials to how to manage the massive amount of data points and best practices from some of the largest players in the market. This is a must-attend event in the fall. Great information for all facets of the industry, especially marketing, compliance and clinical.